Workplace Health & Safety Officer Level 3
This course is the last part of the three stage Workplace Health and Safety Officer training designed to give trainees a higher level of understanding of the administration and management principles and practices in Workplace Health and Safety.
This is a full-time residential program for current and prospective Health and Safety Professionals. Activities will be conducted throughout the day and into the evenings. A report on each participant will be provided to his or her employer as part of the assessment.
Teaching and Learning Strategies
Sessions will be offered in structured training presentations by facilitators, including practical activities and simulation exercises and assessment.
- Safety Management
- Emergency Response and Rescue
- Safety Program Development
- Marketing the Safety Function
- Medical Program Management
- Environmental Management
Upon completing the Level 3 course, trainees should be able to:
- Develop a Workplace Health and Safety Management Program
- Describe procedures involved in Emergency Planning
- Develop an Emergency Response and Rescue program
Who Should Attend:
- Level III Safety Officer Training is a residential program for qualified Safety Officers. It is a very demanding course requiring many hours of work for the whole week.
- Level II or its equivalent is a pre-requisite of Level 3 and must be attended for trainees to be eligible for this higher level course.
Participants who successfully complete this course will receive an Advanced Safety Officer Level III Certificate.