The goal of any Workplace Health and Safety Program is simple and outcome focus: to reduce the risk of work-related death, injury and disease. Attendees of this course will be equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to carry out a safety audit, thus assist employers to establish and maintain effective systems to manage risks to health and safety of the workers and others arising from the nature of work performed, equipment, materials and substances used, and the work environment.
Teaching and Learning Strategies
Sessions will be offered in structured training presentations by a facilitator, including activities, exercises and assessment in compliance with the IATA operational safety audit.
- Identify the three (3) phases of the Audit Process
- Identify the three (3) levels of the workplace where an audit focuses
- Develop, Implement and maintain the Audit Process
Upon completing this course trainees will be able to:
- Describe the different phases of the Safety Audit Process
- State why a Safety Audit is essential in overall management
- Identify the three levels of the workplace where an audit focuses
Who Should Attend
- Workplace Health and Safety Practitioners, who want to attain Safety Audit skill
- Managers and Supervisors
Participants who successfully complete this course will receive a Safety Audit Certificate qualifying them to carry out Safety Audits in workplaces in PNG.