Workplace Health & Safety Officer Level 2
This course is the second part of a three stage program designed to take those successful Level I Workplace Health and Safety Officer trainees through to a professional level of competency where they receive their Safety Officers Certificate.
Teaching and Learning Strategies
Sessions will be offered in structured training presentations by a facilitator, including activities, exercises and assessment.
Topics will include:
- Safety Audits
- Safeguarding and Safety Signs
- Electrical Safety
- Scaffolding Safety
- Hazardous Substances
- Emergency Procedures
- Personal Protective Equipment and much more
Upon completing Level II the trainees will be able to:
- Identify Specific Standards of plant and equipment in the workplace
- State Codes and Standards of Practice specific to different industries
Who Should Attend
- Level II is available only to those who have successfully passed Level I (or hold an appropriate qualification) and are intending to or currently practicing, supervising or managing in the field of Workplace Health and Safety.
- Level II is a pre-requisite of Level III and must be passed for the trainee to receive the Sefti PNG Workplace Health and Safety Officers Certificate.
Participants who successfully complete this course will receive a Safety Officer Level II Certificate qualifying them as Workplace Health and Safety Officers in PNG.