Turbulence and change are now commonplace for most organizations. As a firm’s goals and strategies change in response to environmental circumstances, human resources training must change too, in line with the new directions.
This course will provide you with an introductory knowledge of Human Resource Management today and is a pre-requisite for the other Human Resource Management modules, which can be taken in any order. It is designed to cover the basic areas of Human Resource Management.
Teaching and Learning Strategies
Structured training presentations by facilitators including individual and/or group exercises, activities and discussions. Participants are also expected to contribute to discussions on Human Resource Management, the Knowledge and Skills required and the techniques involved in Human Resource Management.
- Recruitment and Selection (Job Analysis)
- Effective Performance Management (Remuneration)
- Employment Relations
- Human Resource Planning
- Describe Human Resource Management
- Human Resource Development and Employment Law (Taxation)
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Training and Development
- Quality Management
Upon completion of the program, the participants will be able to:
- Explain the various human resource functions
- Identify those aspects of Human Resource Management that are the most vital to national and organisational development in Papua New Guinea
- Recommend approaches needed to ensure that human resource issues in PNG are adequately addressed
- Explain why human resource management is an essential management function, and how it links to the organisation’s strategic goals
- Describe the process of recruitment and selection both within and outside the organisation;
- State why human resource planning is important, what the aims of Human Resource planning are, and how it is carried out.
Who Should Attend
- Human Resource Practitioners currently involved in Human Resource Management in the government or the private industry.
- Those who want to move into the field of Human Resource Management.
Participants who successfully complete the Foundations of Human Resource Management program will receive a PNG Human Resource Institute ‘Certificate of Achievement’.