This course is designed to provide those people in organization who would be involved in the investigation of and accident management. Trainees would be able to understand the basic principles of accident/incident investigation and ensure their organizations meet their legal and moral obligations in respect of the investigation of accidents/incidents.
Teaching and Learning Strategies
Sessions will be offered in structured training presentations by a facilitator, including activities, exercises and assessment.
• Accident/incident investigation
• The need for a unified approach
• Understanding and Utilizing the Accident Causation Model
• Recognizing Organizational Factors, Human Factors and Job Factors on Accident Causation
• Development of Action Plans following Accident/Incident Investigation
Upon completion of this course, trainees will be able to:
• Investigate accidents/incidents
• Identify root causes of accidents/incidents
• Develop Action Plans to rectify weaknesses in their Workplace Health and Safety Management Systems
Who Should Attend
• Workplace Health and Safety Practitioners and Managers or Supervisor
• Employees who are required to investigate incidents/accidents
Trainees who successfully complete this course will receive a Certificate in Accident/Incident Investigation.