Hazardous Material Handling
This hazardous material training course is designed to give trainees competent knowledge and skills in the identifying, handling, storing and transporting hazardous substances. Containment of hazardous substances during spillage and leakage and First Aid during such emergencies are also covered.
The trainees learn the nine (9) UN Hazard Classifications and the relevance of such classifications to packaging, storage and transportation. The course ends with trainees learning how to develop, implement and maintain a Hazardous Substance Control System in the workplace.
Teaching and Learning Strategies
Sessions are delivered in structured training presentations by a facilitator, including activities, exercises and assessment.
- Identify hazardous substances
- Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment and Risk Control
- Develop and implement emergency response procedures
- Develop and Implement a Hazardous Substance Control System
By the end of this course, trainees should be able to:
- Classify Hazardous Substances into the nine UN Hazard Classifications
- Identify risk pose by hazardous substances during handling, storage, usage and transportation of hazardous substances
- Develop a Hazardous Substance Control System for their workplace
Who Should Attend
This hazardous material training course should be attended by those persons in industry whose job involves handling, storage, transportation and usage of hazardous substances. Hazardous Materials Handling forms the core of Safety Officer Levels 2&3 training so should be attended by persons who have qualified for these two levels.
Participants who successfully complete this course will receive a Certificate in Hazardous Materials Handling.