Manual Handling Course
This manual handling training course is designed to equip trainees with knowledge and skills in safe methods of manual handling in various commonly encountered industrial situations. The focus is on skills/task analysis. Since back pain has been identified widely as one of the most common ailment in the workplace, secondly only to cold and flu, trainees learn how to use proper manual handling techniques.
Teaching and Learning Strategies
Sessions will be offered in structured training presentations by a facilitator, including practical activities, exercises and assessment.
- Identifying causes of accidents
- Developing preventative measures
- Work skills and tasks analysis to identify and rectify improper techniques
- Understanding the anatomy of the spine and how it functions
- Understanding the mechanisms of back pain
Upon completion of this course, trainees will be able to:
- Analyze work tasks to identify and correct improper techniques
- State the main causes of back pain
- Develop control measures to minimize the risk of injuries resulting from Manual Handling
Who Should Attend
Workplace Health and Safety Practitioners and those whose jobs mainly involve manual handling tasks and benefit from manual handling training.
Participants who successfully complete this course will receive a Manual Handling Certificate.