Basic Human Resource for Line Managers
Training on how to use HR to improve people management skills:
Line Managers are the front line of people management. They set the agenda and build the culture of the organisation. The Basic HR for Line Managers course will guide the Line Manager through the HR principles relevant to managing people and their performance, and provide tools and techniques to improve their own management capability.
At the conclusion of the course the participant will:
- Have a basic understanding of how and why human resource functions;
- Be able to effectively communicate with HR to ensure operational demands are met through functioning human resource processes;
- Be able to use the human resource process to manage staff performance.
Teaching and Learning Strategies:
Structured training presentations by facilitators including individual and/or group
exercises, activities and discussions. Participants are encouraged to contribute to the discussion on people management issues and performance management.
The topics covered in this course include:
- Theory of HR
- The role of HR in operations
- Effective Communication with your staff
- Basic Performance Management
- Recruiting principals
- Basic workforce planning
Who Should Attend?
- Line Managers who manage employees from the beginning to the end of the employee cycle.
- Human Resource staff who interact with Line Managers for the purpose of delivering HR functions and processes.
Certificate Award: (Certification / qualification)
Participants who successfully complete the Basic HR for Line Managers course will receive a ‘Certificate of Attainment’.
Course Fee: K1,800 + gst Duration: 2 Days