Training on how to set, direct and monitor staff performance:
This course is specifically designed for Line Managers who are involved in the direct supervision of Staff and Accountable for performance. It is also suitable for HR personnel who are involved in supporting Line Management through managing Performance Management policy.
There is an emphasis on:
- Managing behaviour through setting clear job related outcomes;,
- Being objective and consistent; and
- How to develop and encourage a functioning team.
At the conclusion of the course the participant will:
- Understand the difference between Performance Management and Discipline;
- Have tools to manage behaviour;
- Be able to encourage and motivate through a direct communication approach.
Teaching and Learning Strategies:
Structured training presentations by facilitators including individual and/or group exercises, activities and discussions. Participants are encouraged to contribute to the discussion on how to manage
behaviour and creating a positive culture for the organisation.
The topics covered in this course include:
- Setting boundaries
- The power of Delegation
- Basic Time Management
- Formal and Informal Performance Management techniques
- Setting Goals and Objectives
- Using Management styles to maximise performance
- Discipline as a last resort
Who Should Attend?
- Line Managers who are Accountable for achieving specific outcomes of their Section through managing their staff’s and their own performance.
- Human Resource staff who are involved in designing, developing or recommending Performance Management processes.
Certificate Award: (Certification / qualification)
Participants who successfully complete the Performance Management course will receive a ‘Certificate of Attainment’.
Course Fee: K1,800 + gst (per Person) Duration: 2 Days