Basic Defensive Driving
The course is designed to provide defensive driver training and techniques in avoiding and reducing the impact of collisions; teach drivers to do basic safety checks to avoid accidents resulting from mechanical faults; emphasize to drivers appropriate PNG Traffic Rules.
Teaching and Learning Strategies
The defensive driver training course is both theory and practical with a lot of emphasis on the practical component. Sessions will be offered in structured training presentations by a facilitator, including activities, exercises and theory and practical assessment.
- Preventing and avoiding collisions
- Minimizing the impact of collisions
- Carrying out basic Safety Checks
- Understanding and applying appropriate PNG Traffic Rules.
Upon completing the course, the trainees will be able to:
- Apply all the skills and techniques learnt in a practical situation
- Describe appropriate PNG Traffic Rules
- Explain the importance of Defensive Driving in industry
Who Should Attend
Drivers in industry plus those employees in the workplace for whom driving forms a greater part of their jobs.
Participants who successfully complete this course will receive a Certificate in Defensive Driving.