Training the Trainer
Being able to train is a critical part of being an effective Safety Officer. This occupational safety training course is designed to give trainees an insight into the different methods of planning, presenting and evaluating training.
It covers in detail how to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the training process to ensure a high level of training outcomes. The course is directed towards safety training but is not limited to Safety Officers only; anyone interested is allowed to attend.
Teaching and Learning Strategies
Sessions will be offered in structured training presentations by a facilitator, including activities, exercises and theory and practical assessment.
- The systems approach to training
- Adult learning principles
- The process of communication
- Learning retention and motivation
- Different styles of learning
- Instructional techniques
- Evaluation of training
Upon completing this course, trainees should be able to:
- Define the Systematic Approach to Training
- Present a mini training session to peers
- Describe the different instructional techniques
- State Adult Learning Principles
Who Should Attend
- Train the Trainer should be attended by people who are supervisors or managers in the field of Workplace Health and Safety
- Professionals required to train personnel
Participants who successfully complete this course will receive a Certificate qualifying them to train Workplace Health and Safety Officers and other personnel in PNG.